• Australia currently has 14 Gold Medals! We are currently 4th on the ladder sitting behind China, the United States and Japan. Well done to all Olympians and we wish them good luck for the rest of the games. Besides the physical wins, we have seen some amazing sportsmanship and mental health being prioritised. Keep it up team!
• Bait rebates of up to $10,000 are now available for eligible farmers to assist with the purchase of zinc phosphide mouse bait. Apply here.
• You would have received (or will receive) a letter in the mail with instructions to complete the Census. Some of the things you will be asked about include your income, your job and if you do any volunteer work. Census data will be used to help make significant decisions about transport, healthcare, education, infrastructure and business in our regional and rural communities.
• Chaffey Dam has reached full capacity at 100% last week, a massive difference from earlier in 2020 when the dam reached as low as 13% and the New England and North West region put on heavy water restrictions.
• Agribusiness and food manufacturing are exempt from Queensland’s hard border closure. There are criteria to the exemptions so please here.
• In NSW, the COVID-19 cases are still too high. Extensive vaccination coverage is the best way for Australia to survive this pandemic. Find out how to book in for your vaccine here.
Business & Employment News
• The Fair Work Commission has reinstated unpaid pandemic leave and annual leave flexibility in multiple Awards until 31 Dec 2021. Employees who are affected can access up to 2 weeks of unpaid pandemic leave and take annual leave at half pay, if eligible. See the full list of Awards here.
• Qantas has lost a legal challenge against the Transport Workers Union in Federal Court after the airline outsourced 2000 ground crew jobs. More detail here.
We’ve started posting our news updates as stories on Tuesdays on Instagram. If you prefer this method, make sure you follow us!