🚜 Regional News
- The Queensland government closed the border with NSW last week and re-established a border zone. Glen Innes Severn, Gwydir, Inverell and Moree Plains LGAs are included in the border zone and allows residents to still enter Queensland to conduct essential activities. If you live outside of these LGAs and you must enter Queensland from NSW, VIC or SA, a declaration must be made. For information on the Queensland Entry Pass, see here: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/travelling-to-queensland
- The Central West snap lockdown will end tomorrow night as there have been no confirmations of community transmission.
- Local council elections have been postponed to 4 December 2021. While many had hoped that rural and regional council elections could still proceed on 4 September, it will be a statewide postponement. More info here: https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/
- BackTrack Youth Works have just launched their disaster recovery program which will include training 20 young people in the Armidale Regional, Tenterfield and Clarence Valley Shires, providing them with practical skills like fencing, construction and fabrication. The need for these skills stemmed from the Black Summer bushfires of 2019-20, however, will be useful for day to day farm work and in case another disaster comes along. Read more here: https://www.adammarshall.com.au/backtrack-launches-new-285430-disaster-recovery-program/?fbclid=IwAR26qjUtPigjPEAVEtJ1cK1juOojEBx5QNfAmedDKqu7xdKHFlbEkPiCQpM
😷 Health News
- A statement from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has provided revised health advice now recommending all individuals aged 18 years and above in Greater Sydney, including adults under 60 years of age to strongly consider getting vaccinated with any available vaccine including AstraZeneca.
- A woman in her 30s has died from COVID-19 even though she did not have any other underlying health conditions.
- Pharmacies will be able to provide vaccines as part of the rollout in the coming days.
- Extensive vaccination coverage is the best way for Australia to survive this pandemic. Find out how to book in for your vaccine, as recommended by NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Chant here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccination-nsw/getting-vaccinated
📰 Business & Employment News
- Trade unions continue to push for the Federal Government to reinstate JobKeeper and are calling for small enterprise grants as the NSW lockdown continues. Will they be successful? Only time will tell.
- Taking work calls and meeting task deadlines isn’t easy when you’re also dealing with constant interruptions from children while in lockdown so what are your rights while homeschooling and working from home? As a worker you are protected under the Fair Work Act which means employers can’t take adverse action against you because of family or caring responsibilities. If you have been with the same employer for at least 12 months, you can also formally request flexible working arrangements however your employer can refuse this. If you believe something is wrong, please do contact us for help.