? Health News
- Phase 2a of Australia’s vaccine program commences today, with all Australians over 50 now eligible to receive an AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. To book your vaccination, visit https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
- A temporary travel ban between India and Australia starts today, with anyone breaching the rule to face up to five years in prison or heavy fines.
- Further COVID cases in Perth may lead to a further lockdown; contact tracing is underway after two food delivery drivers tested positive.
ℹ Regional News
- Community groups in the Armidale region have the opportunity to apply for grants of up to $5,000 to support community resilience programs. To apply, visit https://www.armidaleregional.nsw.gov.au/community/community-support/grants-funding-opportunities
- Massive labour shortages across the agricultural sector due to the lack of backpackers in the country is causing serious delays in winter planting, amongst other activities.
- The new Armidale Secondary College is holding an open day on Saturday 8 May 2021 10am-2pm, and members of the public are invited to take this opportunity to walk through and inspect the new school.
? Business & Employment News
- If you’re a sole trader, the owner of a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW, you may be eligible for a small business fees and charges rebate of $1500. For more info and to apply online, visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/small-business-fees-and-charges-rebate
- The Fair Work Commission has found that a nursing home acted prudently and reasonably when sacking an aged care worker for refusing a flu vaccine. This decision adds to a growing body of case law affirming an employer’s direction to get a vaccination to be “lawful and reasonable” in some circumstances.
- Don’t forget the JobMaker hiring credit scheme – funding is available to eligible employers for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021. For more info and to apply, visit https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobMaker-Hiring-Credit/
? Regional Recruitment!
- Looking for a job? We’re looking for you! Current open positions are:
- Physiotherapist (multiple positions) – We are looking for motivated physiotherapists seeking a positive, quality experience & life-style in a rural city, working with a dynamic team.
- Carpenter/Roofer (multiple positions) – Opportunity for motivated tradesmen and roofing labourers in Moree, NSW! Relocation and support available.
- Receptionist – Support our fantastic team with your receptionist experience contributing to the support and management of our wide range of clients in Armidale.