😷 Health News
- Sydney’s increased restrictions will be extended to the end of this week, while health authorities continue to try to identify the missing link between a quarantine case and the recent small outbreak.
- From today, people aged 40-49 can register for a COVID vaccine. The vaccinations can then be booked once doses become available.
ℹ Regional News
- The federal government has established the new National Recovery and Resilience Agency in response to the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements. For more info about the agency, visit https://recovery.gov.au/
- From 5 May 2021, Harvest Trail Services and the Harvest Trail Information Services providers are exclusively responsible for delivering AgMove, the program providing reimbursement of costs for eligible people who relocate to take up short-term agricultural work. See the Press Release for more information: https://minister.awe.gov.au/littleproud/media-releases/agmove
- The New England Conservatorium of Music is hosting Opera Australia for a concert on 20 May 2021 – tickets are on sale now: https://necom.org.au/opera-australia-in-concert/
📰 Business & Employment News
- The Fair Work Commission has changed how junior employees are paid under the Retail Award. For more details, see https://updates.fairwork.gov.au/link/id/zzzz6094e1092ea6f664Pzzzz6049e50147008612/page.html
- The federal budget will be delivered in parliament tomorrow night – later in the week our CEO Bron Pearson will be doing a Facebook Livestream on what the budget plans mean for SMEs and non-profits in regional NSW.