? Health News
- 15 suburbs in Sydney’s inner west are on alert after traces of COVID found in local sewerage treatment facility.
- Two likely positive cases have been identified in Melbourne’s northern suburbs today.
- From today, those 50 years and over who cannot access the AstraZeneca vaccine through their GP are eligible to book into clinics at Armidale, Tamworth, Manning, Moree or Muswellbrook hospitals.
- With the weather cooling down we are coming into flu season, and it is more important than ever to get a flu vaccine this year – ask your GP whether you are eligible for a free vaccination under the National Immunisation Program.
? Business & Employment News
- Junior doctors in Melbourne are launching a class action claim against their employers for unrostered and unpaid overtime, and penalties against the hospitals for allegedly breaching the Fair Work Act.
- Deliveroo is facing the prospect of a wave of backpay claims after a tribunal ruled one of its contracted couriers was actually an employee with a right to an industry minimum wage. Does your business utilise independent contractors? Are you certain of the difference between an independent contractor and an employee? Fair Work has a fact sheet available to assist you: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/ArticleDocuments/723/Contractors-and-employees-whats-the-difference.pdf.aspx
- The number of Australians in work fell for the first time in six month in April, with the total number of people in a job falling by 30,600.
- Ever wanted to understand unemployment figures better? The ABC has a great explainer: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-23/jobs-why-one-hour-enough-work/100155676