? Health News
- Restrictions have been eased in Greater Sydney from today after no new cases of community transmission were recorded over the last week.
- Check your eligibility for a COVID vaccine here: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
- With the weather cooling down we are coming into flu season, and it is more important than ever to get a flu vaccine this year – ask your GP whether you are eligible for a free vaccination under the National Immunisation Program.
ℹ Regional News
- The NSW government has announced $50m in funding to tackle the ongoing mouse plague.
- As part of the federal budget, the government has announced that the Local Jobs Program will be extended until 30 June 2025. The Program brings together jobseekers with training organisations, industry and employers to build skills and support employment in the regions. If your business or industry has an idea for a project to get people back to work, get in touch with us!
? Business & Employment News
- Did you miss last week’s budget update, all about jobs jobs jobs? Catch up with our CEO Bron Pearson on Facebook here and read our summary
- Applications for NSW Multiculturalism and Diversity Grants close this Thursday 20 May: www.multicultural.nsw.gov.au
- Paying too much for government fees and charges? There is a $1,500 rebate available to small business to offset these costs – visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/small-business-fees-and-charges-rebate to review your eligibility and apply online.
- Are you tossing up whether to hire apprentices in your business? The Boosting Apprentices Commencement subsidy program has been extended – now is the time to take advantage of wage support to help your business expand and upskill!