? Health News
- Victoria is on track to ease restrictions this week, with 67 cases now recorded in this outbreak.
- Several venues in regional NSW have been identified as visited by a person potentially infectious with COVID-19, in Narrandera, Forbes, Dubbo, Coonabarabran and Moree. No local cases have yet been found. For the full list of locations and what to do if you’re impacted, visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
- Extensive vaccination coverage is the best way for Australia to avoid further lockdowns and manage any outbreaks that do occur. Find out how to book in for your vaccine here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccination-nsw/getting-vaccinated
? Regional News
- The mouse plague continues across eastern Australia, with last week’s polar blast having had minimal effect on numbers. The NSW government has announced further funding to support primary producers to purchase zinc phosphide bait. For more information, visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/initiative/mouse-control-support-program/farmers-buying-zinc-phosphide
- Tractor sales are significantly up over the last year, with the combination of drought breaking rain and the federal government’s Instant Asset Write Off Scheme encouraging farmers to buy new machinery. However, there are substantial delays in supply due to worldwide demand, shipping delays, and supply issues and price increases for raw materials.
- Work has commenced upgrading a 5.7km section of the Waterfall Way near Wollomombi; expect delays when travelling this route.
? Business & Employment News
- The federal government has launched a new Employment Contract Tool to help small business employers to make a basic employment contract, and is suitable for most full time, part time and casual employees on an hourly or weekly wage. Check it out at https://employ.business.gov.au/ . If you need specialised support, contact us – we’ve got your back with custom employment contracts and independent contractor agreements for the full range of employment and employee types.
- We have seen again in the last few weeks how quickly business conditions can change if COVID cases are identified in the community. Do you have a business continuity and emergency management plan in place? Have you tested it? In a crisis, solid policy and procedure act as your guide to calm and successful management.
- The ATO has released their 2018-2019 taxation statistics last week. The three lowest earning postcodes in the nation were all in the New England and North West region of NSW. For a full analysis and breakdown, visit https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-08/tax-stats-ato-millionaires-richest-poorest-postcodes/100197694