? Health News
- Victoria’s 4th lockdown has been extended for another week with at least 70 positive cases identified in this outbreak. Whilst the lockdown conditions are expected to be lifted on Thursday evening, it is likely that some restrictions will remain in place due to concerns about a “hidden spread” of the highly infectious Delta strain of the virus.
- A supermarket in Gundagai has been added to the list of exposure sites in NSW – visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#nsw-covid-19-case-locations for the current list of case locations across southern NSW and get tested if you have been to any of them.
- Extensive vaccination coverage is the best way for Australia to avoid further lockdowns and manage any outbreaks that do occur. Find out how to book in for your vaccine here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccination-nsw/getting-vaccinated
- Don’t forget to use QR codes when visiting a venue (no matter what kind or for how long), and if you are a venue operator or business owner, make sure that your customers are continuing to use QR codes. Check in numbers are reducing across NSW which is a worrying trend. If a case does slip out into the community, check ins using QR codes are a key way for contact tracers to do their work and contain the spread.
? Regional News
- The ripple effects of the mouse plague are spreading, now with a critical shortage of vitamin K in Australia, which is used to treat animals that have eaten poisoned mice or baits.
- NSW Police are using a new regional text alert system for missing persons – if you get a text from 0444 444 444, it is not a scam but a genuine call for assistance to locate a missing person.
- Construction is about to begin on the $480 million Dungowan Dam project.
- Coffs Harbour will host the 4th Super W National Women’s XVs Rugby Union tournament at the end of June.
? Business & Employment News
- Do you talk about mental health openly in your workplace? There’s a new government program available providing training to people in our community who may come across those who are experiencing suicidal thinking or behaviour, called Gatekeeper Training. For more information, visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/mentalhealth/Pages/services-towards-zero-suicides-community-gatekeeper-training.aspx
- Cyberattacks on agribusiness and agricultural supply chain businesses are on the rise – do you have your cybersecurity ducks in a row?
- Fair Work has secured over $100k in penalties against a business in Brisbane and its two directors personally after a finding that workers were systematically underpaid over a significant period. Are you sure you are paying your workers correctly? Beyond the risk of having to rectify the underpayment, there is the possibility of significant fines and penalties on top.