Legislation to add 10 days paid Family and Domestic Violence leave has been introduced into parliament after years of campaigning.
The proposal is to amend the Fair Work Act to :
- provide for ten days paid domestic and family violence leave in a 12-month period;
- provide for employees to access paid domestic and family violence leave at their base pay rate for usual hours of work in the period the leave was taken;
- enable an employee and employer to agree additional paid or unpaid leave can be taken in addition to the 10 days paid domestic and family violence leave;
- clarify and expand the reasons for which a person can take paid domestic and family violence leave;
- strengthen the privacy obligations placed on employers in relation to an employee who takes paid family and domestic violence leave.
You can find out more information at the Fair Work website.