😷 Health News
- A returned overseas traveller in NSW has returned a positive COVID test 16 days after entering hotel quarantine.
- There have been two new cases in hotel quarantine staff in Victoria, raising a concern of aerosol transmission and quarantine protocols given that the affected staff members had no direct contact with active cases.
- VIC has recorded one locally acquired case in the last 24 hours; other states remain free of local transmission.
📰 Business & Employment News
- JobKeeper is still planned to end on 31 March 2021 – is your business ready?
- Minimum wage update: In June 2020 the Fair Work Commission announced a 1.75% increase to minimum wages, with new rates coming into effect in three stages for different groups of awards. The increase to the third and final group of awards, which includes the retail, accommodation and food services and a range of other industries, starts from the first full pay period on or after 1 February 2021. For a full list of awards in Group 3, see the Fair Work Commission website.
- Does your business have good systems and processes in place to prevent employee fraud? Former NAB chief of staff received $5.5m in kickbacks for approving dodgy invoices and has been sentenced to 8 years in gaol. Solid processes and procedures, involving checks and balances, will ensure that it is extremely difficult for your workplace to be affected by employee fraud.
💼 Recruitment Roundup
- A&K Auto Electrical & Air Conditioning are seeking a team oriented Auto Electrician to carry out technical service and repairs based in Tamworth and surrounding areas. (Tamworth)
- Move Better for Life are on the hunt for two new physiotherapists to work with their dynamic multidisciplinary team: