? Health News
- Perth and two WA regions have been placed in a five-day lockdown after a hotel quarantine security guard tested positive to COVID-19. So far, sixty close contacts of the security guard have been identified.
- Anyone who has been in Perth’s metropolitan area, the Peel region and the South West region of WA is not permitted to enter VIC or TAS without an exemption. QLD and the NT will require anyone who arrives from the WA hotspots to undergo 14 days’ quarantine. NSW is asking WA travellers to isolate and get tested.
- Work is under way to remove blockades at the QLD/NSW border. Greater Sydney is no longer declared a hotspot! Greater Sydney residents across 35 local government areas will be able to enter QLD from today without undergoing mandatory hotel quarantine. Anyone from NSW who is in hotel quarantine already will be released today.
- VIC has reached 26 days without a community transmission case, NSW has reached 15 days, and QLD has reached 21 consecutive days without a locally acquired case.
? Business & Employment News
- Australia’s care sector is currently facing the largest demand for professionals. We have a workforce of over 1.5 million but – as the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association estimates – we could be seeing a shortage of at least 100,000 nurses and 2,700 doctors by 2025.
- Want happier workers? Being open about company finances builds a culture of partnership and trust. As you’re conducting your workforce planning, consider being transparent with expenses, financial goals and the bottom line with employees and share financial updates. This generally leads to better professional ties as well as 15% lower stress.
- Is your business insurance up-to-date? Business insurance is a dedicated policy that protects you and your company against losses. Depending on the policy chosen, your coverage might specifically protect you against damage to your physical office or store, your employees or your customers.