😷 Health News
- As of yesterday, the percentage of the eligible population that is fully vaccinated is:
- NSW: 35.85%
- VIC: 33.94%
- QLD: 31.09%
- SA: 33.36%
- WA: 30.86%
- TAS: 41.30%
- ACT: 40.67%
- NT: 37.08%
(Source: Department of Health, 29 August)
- Over the weekend, Moree had a mass vaccination walk-in hub, and Tamworth, Gunnedah and Manilla hosted a 48hr vaxathon. Thank you to all who were involved. Our front-line workers are the real MVPs.
- Glen Innes will host a Super Saturday mass vaccination hub this weekend! No appointments are required. Just wear your mask, check in with your phone and bring your Medicare card.
- Victoria’s lockdown will be extended but the government is yet to outline which restrictions will remain in place.
📰 Business & Employment News
- Are you a small business? Adam Marshall MP will be hosting a virtual Small Business Support Forum tomorrow Tuesday 31 August, 2-3pm for the Northern Tablelands region. Register here: NorthernTablelands@parliament.nsw.gov.au or call 02 6772 5552.
- Similarly, Kevin Anderson MP will be providing a Business Support & Advice Webinar on Friday 3 Sep, 3pm, for Tamworth, Gunnedah and the regions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your attendance.
- Reminder: the Retail Award wage increase commences from the first full pay period from 1 Sep 2021. A number of Awards (21) will have their increase commence from 1 Nov 2021. See more info here: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/website-news/annual-wage-review-2021
- Dental Prosthetists, Dental Hygienists and Oral Health Therapists have been added to the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2020. See more from the Fair Work Commission’s determination here: https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/awardsandorders/html/pr724589.htm
💪 Paralympics Time!
- We’re on day 6 of the #Paralympics now and Team Aus have earned 37 medals altogether! We have seen some inspiring journeys so far of Para-athletes and Paralympians overcoming challenges, showing resilience, determination and commitment to get to where they are today. We are so heartened to learn of everyone’s successes whether they’re making a PB or taking one step closer towards their goals. Thanks for showing us that everyone’s abilities are unique and inspiring the next generation of Para-athletes who strive to compete at an elite level.
- Did you know that many Paralympians have to work full-time and be a full-time athlete at the same time? Many also don’t have a sponsor. Even Aussie Olympians get cash bonuses if they receive a medal but Paralympians don’t get this same opportunity. If you would like to support our Aussie Paralympians, buy a green and gold virtual seat (and you can write your name on it if you want). Donate here: https://donate.paralympic.org.au/?utm_source=PA-web&utm_medium=small-tile&utm_id=Virtual-Se