? Health News
- NSW has reached 70% of first dosage in COVID-19 vaccinations – thank you to everyone who has contributed to this figure.
- Regional NSW’s lockdown is supposedly going to end this week at 11:59pm on 10 September, however, we expect an update on this in the next couple of days as the transmission numbers continue to increase in the regions.
- The suspected Armidale case has been officially confirmed as a false-positive. Health authorities in Dubbo are still concerned over the rising case numbers.
- In VIC, Premier Andrews announced on 1 Sept that some restrictions would ease when the state hits a 70% first dose vaccination rate – expected around 23 Sept.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed and want to talk to someone? For a confidential chat and a safe space to talk about your needs, worries or concerns, you can text 0477 13 11 14 to connect to a crisis supporter from Lifeline. Or to speak directly on the phone, you can call 13 11 14. If life is in danger, dial tripe zero (000) immediately.
? Business & Employment News
- More and more workplaces are mandating vaccinations. Tasmania’s MONA art museum has become the first arts institution in the country to announce mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for all staff even though the state legislation does not require them to.
- Federal Parliament have now passed the Sex Discrimination and Fair Work (Respect at Work) Amendment Bill 2021 which has lowered the bar for what is serious misconduct. Employees must understand that sexual harassment is unlawful, will not be tolerated and is ground for dismissal. Being ignorant does not hold up.
- Did you know that LGBTIQA+ employees are twice as likely to suffer discrimination at work and more than half (57%) of LGBTIQA+ workers who have experienced or witnessed discrimination said these issues are rarely or never resolved? What are you doing to foster an inclusive workplace?
- NSW Small Business Month (normally held in October each year) will likely be postponed to March 2022.
? Paralympics Wrap Up
- The closing ceremony was yesterday and the Aus team finished with 80 medals!