– NSW Health have announced 30 new cases of COVID-19 have been diagnosed in the past 24 hours, with 28 linked to the Avalon cluster. This brings the total number of cases linked to the cluster to 68.
– Additional restrictions will now be put in place for the Greater Sydney, Blue Mountains, Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Central Coast Local Government Areas to stop further spread.
These restrictions apply only to those areas:
❌ No more than 10 visitors will be allowed in your home (until midnight on Wednesday night.
❌ All venues will revert back to the 4sqm rule until further notice, with a cap of 300 people.
❌ Dancing will no longer be allowed with the exception of wedding parties.
❌ Singing and chanting will no longer be allowed with the exception of places of worship, where a cap of 5 people will be in place.
– Northern Beaches residents who may have travelled to other parts of NSW must isolate wherever they are and only leave their accommodation for the following reasons:
✅ Shopping for food and other essential goods and services.
✅ Travel for work purposes if working from home is not possible, and travel to or from school or an educational institution.
✅ For exercise
✅ To receive medical care, carer’s responsibilities or compassionate needs.
Latest updates can be found here.
Business HR Update
– Remember the Christmas Public Holidays are a bit different this year as Boxing Day falls on a Saturday so the public holiday will take place on Monday 28 December instead of 26 December.
– If you haven’t already, give your employees formal notice of any shut down periods, and give them their leave options. Double check your business complies with entitlements over the Christmas and New Year break.
– Fair Work have released an interactive employer tool for Returning to the Workplace to provide information on workplace rights and responsibilities when reopening, scaling up and adapting your workplace. More info here.