– NSW has further lifted restrictions from TODAY. For the full list visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/…/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under… . Changes affecting business include:
*All indoor venues other than gyms and nightclubs can now have one person per 2 square metre
*Outdoor stadiums and theatres can operate at full capacity except for unstructured seating areas which are restricted to one person per 2 square metres. Indoors can operate at 75% seated capacity.
*Maximum caps are removed, subject to the 2 square metre rule, for hospitality venues, weddings, funerals, regional agricultural shows, corporate events and religious services
– NSW will no longer require employers to allow employees to work from home from 14 December 2020 as part of easing COVID restrictions.
– The FWC has announced some changes, including updates to casual and overtime clauses in 97 awards, increase in pay rates for young retail workers, and
Schedule I of the Clerks Award has been extended. For links and further details see our December Employer Advisory: https://mailchi.mp/e2e…/pps-dec-2020-newsletter-1395158…
– The Federal Government will release their draft IR legislation updates this week.
– The Opposition will be taking a proposal for mandated paid leave for domestic violence leave to Parliament this week.
It’s back to the office for many of us – as employers and managers, have we taken advantage of the opportunity to rethink the way our business works? Join CEO Bron Pearson on Wednesday at 5:30pm for the final instalment of our Back to Workplace Series.