😷 Health News
- Authorities suspect that a string of new cases in Sydney hotel quarantine were spread between hotel rooms, and are investigating how this might have occurred.
- The NSW government is preparing an overhaul of its vaccination program as uncertainty hangs over the future of the AstraZeneca rollout. National Cabinet meets today to discuss future quarantine plans and vaccinations.
- Don’t forget to get your flu vaccine this year! Make sure to discuss with your doctor how to time it with COVID vaccines.
ℹ Regional News
- An additional 60 employment categories have been added to the list for the Skilled Work Regional Visa applications. View the updated list on the RDANI website here: https://www.rdani.org.au/skilled-migration/skilled-work-regional-visa-subclass-491/occupation-list-for-the-northern-inland.php
- The first regional hearing of the Senate’s job security enquiry in the Shoalhaven has heard calls for continued employment support for bushfire affected areas and evidence about the conflict between employment levels and housing availability.
- The ABS is looking for census workers across the country – apply here: https://www.censusjobs.adecco.com.au/
📰 Business & Employment News
- The March employment figures have been released, showing a 0.2 per cent drop in the jobless rate. The number of people with a job in Australia has risen to a record 13.08 million, with the increase led by part-time employment.
- Menulog has announced that it will commence a pilot employment program for drivers around the Sydney CBD, bucking the trend of the independent contractor model of the gig economy.
- Even government can get payroll wrong – the Department of Finance has self-reported to the Fair Work Ombudsman that it underpaid at least 60 parliamentary employees over a 4 year period. The amount owed is not yet known, but related to an entitlement under the relevant Award which was not paid.