Have you reviewed how you’re going about attracting and retaining talent lately?
1 in 4 leaders say talent scarcity is a major pain point for 2022. So we wanted to jump in and give you some insights into how to attract talent in this tough market!
In our experience, the most important factors in recruiting talent in 2022 include creating a streamlined candidate experience that has an impact to create a great candidate experience. Did you know that 60% of candidates quit in the middle of filling out an online job application due to their complexity and length.
So what is the cost of a poor candidate experience?
A poor candidate experience may result in a loss of top talent, extended periods where the role remains unfilled, and poor word-of-mouth feedback impacting your Employment Value proposition (EVP) and employer brand. A poor candidate experience can be detrimental not only to your recruitment but also to your business’s reputation.
How do we develop a great candidate experience?
Some guidelines we follow here at PPS include;
– Responding to every candidate no matter what stage they get to in the process. We aim for a 24-48 response time with continuous engagement for our successful candidates.
– Reducing the length of our advertisements to ensure they are mobile-friendly and easy to read. We don’t want to be wasting anyone’s time!
– Utilising referral networks – oftentimes the best hires and experiences come from your people! You can enough this through employee referral bonuses and testimonials.
– Utilising technology to assist and amplify the candidate experience. We utilise an applicant tracking system (ATS) system that allows us to effectively monitor and engage candidates throughout the process.
– Streamline the application process to ensure fast-moving recruitment, but we do not sacrifice quality for time-savings. Bums on seats are not helpful to anyone.
– Aim for quick turnaround times when moving to offer stages and onboarding new hires – this is vital when retaining talent! We touch base with all of our new hires for the first 6 months to ensure they are settling into the organisation, making good connections and ensuring the role is what they expected – this is so important for long-term retention!
Want to find out more about our process or are interested in a consultation? Reach out to us! Supporting small to medium regional businesses, we offer staged and tailored services to suit our client’s needs and budgets.