Are you passionate about contributing to an important cause? Do you have exceptional skills in client support and customer service within a social housing, welfare or property management environment? Do you have the ability to engage with complex clients to develop strong communities and improve the lives of people in community housing?
We might just have the role you’re looking for! Homes North, a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, are looking to hire their next Residential Engagement Officer based in Tamworth.
The Residential Engagement Officer
The position is responsible for facilitating activities and/or events to engage with tenants to develop confidence and trust, as well as meetings with tenants and other stakeholders to exchange information and bring about positive change within communities. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Residential Engagement Officer will work collaboratively with the Housing team and Service Improvement and Partnerships unit to develop, implement, promote and support relationships and tenant participation structures that empower tenants to assist Homes North to improve the way services are delivered and managed, strengthen their communities and develop skills and knowledge to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated experience in either: Social Housing, Welfare, Community Development and/or Tenant Participation.
- Previous experience in a client-focused role using strong customer service skills, particularly in demonstrating empathy and active listening skills.Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal, across a varied group of individuals, internal and external.
- Experience in facilitating group work, giving presentations and working in teams to develop communities and empower individuals.Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, engagement skills, advocacy skills and the ability to defuse potentially challenging situations demonstrating a culturally aware practice.An ability to work alone or collaboratively within a team, and effectively managing your own workload, showing initiative and prioritise effectively.
- Excellent computer literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook, ability to learn and use new software packages.
- Current Driver Licence
- Cert IV in Social Housing, Community Development or Community Services.
- Community Housing experience.
About Homes North
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sun 28th July 2019