This position has been successfully filled. Visit our main page and select Positions Available from the menu for positions currently being advertised. Thank you for your interest.
Are you a people-person with experience in property or asset management within the building and construction industry? Do you have exceptional skills in administration and customer service, and the ability to solve problems and build relationships? We might just have the role you’re looking for! Homes North, a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, are looking to hire their next Asset Responsive Repairs Administrator. The role will ideally be located in Tamworth, or alternatively in Armidale.
About the Role
The Asset Responsive Repairs Administrator will ensure that responsive repairs are coordinated with pre-approved contractors and that cyclical property maintenance is arranged effectively, including lawns and grounds maintenance, smoke alarm testing and pest inspections. You will be required to assist the Asset Manager and Technical Officers with general administration, including responding to telephone enquiries, checking contractor invoices, and following up on warranty terms. You will also be required to assist with the management of contracts, tenders and expressions of interest, and review ongoing compliance to contracts. Providing and analysing reports and data regularly to identify inefficiencies and providing recommendations for improvement will be a key responsibility of the role, as will ensuring compliance with the Work, Health and Safety Act 2011.
Applicants must have:
- Previous experience in Property Management and/or Asset Management;
- Experience in the building / construction industry;
- Positive, effective, and empathetic communication skills and the ability to build credibility and trust with a wide range of customers and stakeholders;
- Customer service experience and the ability to manage complex clients;
- High level of personal drive, energy, and commitment;
- Relationship management and negotiation skills;
- Sound computer literacy in Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Proven time management skills and ability to work unsupervised;
- Current NSW Drivers Licence;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, the community housing sector;
- Experience in book-keeping or invoicing;
- Trade certificate and/or demonstrated experience in the building and construction industry;
- Certificate IV in Community Services / Social Housing.
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of residential property management experience do you have?
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2019.