Calling all experienced HR Officers!
Are you an experienced and skilled HR Officer who is passionate about making a positive difference to an organisation who helps families in our community? Are you ready to take the plunge into your most rewarding role yet?
If this sounds like you, we may have the job for you! Tamworth Family Support Service (TFSS) are seeking to appoint an experienced and skilled HR Officer to provide proactive support to the Senior Managers in all aspects of Human Resources Management. If you have a degree in HR or a related field, and/or experience in an HR Officer’s role for at least 2-3 years, TFSS have the role for you.
We are seeking highly proactive, self-directed candidates to provide human resource advice and support to the TFSS team. You will coordinate day to day HR activities as well as implement programs in learning, development and wellbeing, and coordinate policy and change management initiatives. You will also have the ability to interpret, apply and implement a range of policies, procedures and industrial agreements, as well as competently handle all Workers’ Compensation, rehabilitation and Return to Work matters, bringing your outstanding communication skills to a wide range of stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will be someone with prior experience in a Not for Profit environment, who is passionate about TFSS and its vision.
If you believe that this sounds like you, and you are ready to be part of an organisation that seeks to make a positive difference by supporting and empowering families in our community, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Human Resources with relevant experience; or
- Associate diploma in Human Resources with substantial experience; or
- Qualifications in more than one discipline; or
- Less formal qualifications with specialised Human Resources skills sufficient to perform at this level; or
- Attained through previous appointments, service and/or study an equivalent level of experience and expertise to undertake the range of activities required;
- Demonstrated experience in an HR Generalist role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Employee Relations as it relates to internal recruitment; involving Awards, Enterprise Agreements and legislation;
- Strong Administration and Coordination skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated high levels of communication skills on numerous levels and formats;
- Capacity and confidence to make decisions and resolve issues;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work, Health and Safety (WHS) practices and guidelines;
- Demonstrated experience handling Workers Compensation and Return to Work responsibilities;
- Driver’s Licence;
- National Police Criminal History Check;
- Working with Children Check employee number.
- An understanding of TFSS Programs;
- Understanding of the demographics and relevant issues within the geographical area of TFSS.
About Tamworth Family Support Service
TFSS is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation that has been delivering services to families in Tamworth since 1979. It has more than 80 staff across all programs, operating in Tamworth and surrounding areas including Armidale, Inverell, Gunnedah, Narrabri, Quirindi, Manilla and Barraba.
The organisation is comprised of multiple funded programs including State and Federal Government funded programs. The aim of TFSS is to provide help to people in need, ensuring each client receives professional and appropriate services and referrals.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 19 August 2019