😷 Health News
- Greater Brisbane will go into a 3 day lockdown from 5pm today following 7 cases of community transmission over the last week of the UK COVID variant, with at least one of the infections people visiting Byron Bay in NSW. Other states have been advised to declare Greater Brisbane a hotspot. If you are planning interstate travel over the Easter long weekend, please check restrictions regularly.
- The NSW vaccine program is underway, with group 1b commencing vaccinations today. To find out when your turn will come and which GP practices have vaccines available, use the Vaccines Eligibility Checker: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
- The NSW Dine & Discover vouchers are now available – register now: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-dine-discover-nsw-vouchers
ℹ Regional News
- Have you been affected by rain and flooding? The Federal Government has activated disaster relief payments for residents of the following LGAs: Armidale, Bellingen, Central Coast, Cessnock City, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Dungog, Hawkesbury, Kempsey, Lake Macquarie, Maitland City, Mid-Coast, Nambucca Valley, Newcastle City, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Penrith, Port Stephens and Tenterfield. To find out more, visit https://www.disasterassist.gov.au/Pages/disaster-recovery-payment.aspx . You can also find state government help at https://www.raa.nsw.gov.au/disaster-assistance. Your bank may also be able to assist, so ask the question!
- Millions of mice are wreaking havoc across regional NSW, with the end of the drought and good growing conditions also creating the perfect conditions for mice breeding. While the flooding last week might reduce numbers to some extent, CSIRO researchers believe that burrows are so well developed that breeding populations will have been well protected from the recent rainfall. Do you have tips on how to get rid of mice on your property?
📰 Business & Employment News
- With the JobKeeper scheme ending yesterday, nearly a million people will no longer be receiving the wage subsidy. At its peak, JobKeeper was subsidising the wages of 29% of Australia’s workforce. It’s estimated that 100-150k will lose their jobs with employers unable to keep them on. Additionally, the temporary changes to insolvency laws have also ended. Will your business be affected by the end of JobKeeper? How are you handling the situation?
- Do you or your employees need help post-JobKeeper? The ABC has an excellent roundup of supports available: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-28/jobkeeper-is-ending-what-are-my-next-steps/100025686
- Do you employ casuals? Don’t forget, the Fair Work Act was changed last week with regard to casuals – read more here: https://www.ablawyers.com.au/resources/fw-amendments-casual-decision-becomes-law. If you need help implementing these changes into your business, Pinnacle People Solutions is here for you #wevegotyourback