? Health News
- The Delta COVID-19 strain is spreading across the country from two sources – one in Sydney and one centred around a mine in the Northern Territory. Restrictions have increased in NT, Brisbane, and Perth in response, with Sydney going into a city-wide lockdown until 9 July 2021. If you have been in the Greater Sydney area (including Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour), you must follow the stay at home rules for 14 days after you left the area.
- Restrictions have also been increased in regional NSW, including the following requirements now in place:
- You must wear a face mask on public transport and in all indoor non-residential premises (including workplaces). Note: if you are working from home, your home does not count as a workplace.
- Only 5 visitors, including children, can visit another household at any one time.
- Capacity limits have been tightened, and venues may have the greater of 25 people or 1 person per 4 square metres (not including staff or people picking up takeaway food).
- For the full list of current restrictions, visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/what-you-can-do-nsw
- Extensive vaccination coverage is the best way for Australia to avoid further lockdowns and manage any outbreaks that do occur. Find out how to book in for your vaccine here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccination-nsw/getting-vaccinated
? Regional News
- COVID has come to New England again, with a case in Glen Innes and our local member Adam Marshall testing positive. While neither of these cases are a danger to our community, it is a timely reminder of the importance of maintaining good hygiene and following the rules.
- Have you checked your home and business insurance policies? A parliamentary enquiry was informed this week that damage to properties from the mouse plague would generally not be covered by insurance.
- During COVID there has been a net migration into regional areas with more people moving out of the city and fewer leaving the regions. Do you think this will be a long term trend?
? Business & Employment News
- Missed our newsletter about the increase to the super guarantee and the minimum wage on 1 July? Visit https://mailchi.mp/9f33a32ca0f9/minimum-wage-and-super-update-8117593?e=928fd42978 for all the info (and hit subscribe so you never miss another!)
- The NSW Budget was released last Tuesday – for our Facebook wrapup, see https://www.facebook.com/PinnaclePeopleSolutionsAustralia/posts/6202847969732987
- It’s not just big business that makes mistakes with payroll – a small business in Tamworth is being prosecuted by the Fair Work Ombudsman for incorrectly paying a worker. It is not only the company that is facing fines but also the director as an individual, so take the time to make sure you are paying your workers correctly!
- 1 in 5 businesses have reported not having enough employees for current operations in the latest ABS Business Conditions Survey, with Construction and Retail feeling the greatest pinch. Are you short of staff? What are the roadblocks for your business to employing more staff? Online job advertisements have increased by 1.9% in May 2021, with numbers now exceeding pre-COVID levels by 46%!