😷 Health News
- NSW continues its run of no new community transmission!
- Victoria has returned to “COVIDSafe Summer” restrictions after the snap lockdown last weekend.
- The Australian vaccination program has commenced – the ABC has an excellent resource to answer questions about the vaccinations here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-02-22/covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-astrazeneca-australia-coronavirus/13158870?nw=0
ℹ COVID in the Workplace Update
- JobKeeper is still planned to end on 28 March 2021 – is your business ready? Will you be able to retain your staff? What plans have you made for managing your business’ financial situation if you’re still receiving JobKeeper?
Don’t forget, regional small business can access financial counselling support from the NSW Government – you can register interest by calling 1300 771 741.
Not sure what federal government support you might be eligible for? Review the Treasury fact page about coronavirus support for business here: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/businesses
📰 Business & Employment News
- Sexual assault and misconduct in the workplace is back in the news this week, with Parliament House in the spotlight. Does your business have robust policies and procedures in place if allegations like this are made in your workplace, and are you prepared to handle them?
- The McKell Institute is proposing that to prevent future pandemics and limit the spread of illness in our community, all workers (including casuals and independent contractors) should have access to paid days off for sickness in a portable entitlements scheme. Do you think this is a good idea? How can we balance the community need with fairness to employers and employees?
- The Business Council of Australia says that employees on enterprise bargaining agreements (rather than awards) earn on average $100 more per day. Does your workplace have an EBA? Have you thought about it?