? Health News
- NSW is in a state-wide lockdown and citizens of NSW must stay at home unless there is a reasonable excuse to leave. Visitors to homes are not permitted unless it is a singular visitor to fulfil carer’s responsibilities to provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons. Please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules for more information and regular updates.
- Tamworth and Armidale Regional LGAs remain COVID free for now, and the massive Super Saturday of jabs run over the weekend by UNE Medical Centre was highly successful, with 565 people jabbed. The clinic will also be running this Saturday for jabs.
? Business & Employment News
- Fair Work has released a four-tier system to advise employers on whether a mandatory vaccination direction would be considered lawful and reasonable. Where does your workplace sit within the four tiers? More info here: https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/covid-19-vaccinations-and-the-workplace/covid-19-vaccinations-workplace-rights-and-obligations
- There is financial assistance available to those impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions. For individuals, you can apply for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment once and then there will be recurring payments each week into your account. Apply here: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/covid-19-disaster-payment-new-south-wales?fbclid=IwAR2J0sGZ_WwzfW51314v1rpf3chNgj7vMYpbL5oYYoChTNtmJFvbB-IjoiY
- For businesses, there are a range of payments and grants. See here: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/campaign/covid-19-help-businesses?fbclid=IwAR1fRt0cDJp2-M1Hrw-jGt86iPUJif79ktU0qQO7-800QYRTldscVZeXatw
- The NSW Government is offering short online free training courses to gain skills while in lockdown called “Skill Up from Home”. See here: https://education.nsw.gov.au/skills-nsw/skills-initiatives/skill-up-from-home
? We’ve got your back
- Pinnacle People Solutions are keeping on top of the COVID-19 updates for our regional communities and will update our social platforms with important updates.
- Take care – the news is intense at the moment. Don’t forget to take a break because it will still be here when you come back.