? Health News
- NSW continues its run of no new community transmission! Restrictions have been eased further, commencing last Friday – see the details here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/restrictions-will-be-eased-from-26-february
- The NSW vaccine program is underway, with 5 regional hubs and 99 regional satellite sites to start opening from 15 March. The initial focus will be on frontline health workers and border control workers, and will be followed by a wider rollout to the general population through their GPs.
ℹ COVID in the Workplace Update
- JobKeeper is still planned to end on 28 March 2021 – is your business ready? Will you be able to retain your staff? What plans have you made for managing your business’ financial situation if you’re still receiving JobKeeper?
Don’t forget, regional small business can access financial counselling support from the NSW Government – you can register interest by calling 1300 771 741.
Not sure what federal government support you might be eligible for? Review the Treasury fact page about coronavirus support for business here: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/businesses
? Business & Employment News
- Business NSW wants to hear from you! Take their March 2021 Business Conditions Survey now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V7CYJ57?deliveryName=DM7581&deliveryName=DM7692
- Wage theft is in the news again, with Crown now under investigation by the Fair Work Ombudsman for underpaying hundreds of workers across its venues. Are you sure you’re paying your staff correctly?
- Workplace culture is the buzzword of the week, with yet more allegations being brought by Parliament House employees, some reaching back decades and to the highest levels of government. A union survey late last year found that 1 in 8 political staffers had been sexually harassed or assaulted in the workplace in the previous year. The Government will be looking to implement more of the recommendations of the Sex Discrimination Commissioner’s Respect@Work report on workplace sexual harassment, which it has been considering since March 2020.