Calling all Technical Officers with experience in the building/construction industry! Do you have experience in property or asset management and the ability to manage and monitor the performance of contractors? If so, and you’re keen to work for an organisation making a difference in the lives of many, Homes North have what you’re looking for. We are a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it our business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households. If you’d like to be our next Technical Officer, you too could join our vision….
The role will ideally be based in Tamworth or Inverell, but could be located in Armidale, Gunnedah, Moree or Glen Innes for the right person.
About the Role
Our new Technical Officer will be responsible for providing technical expertise that ensures assets managed and owned by us support the service and business needs of our company. This will involve conducting audits, property assessments, general inspections to ensure asset upgrades on properties and reports, as well as ensuring the timely turnaround of vacant and void properties. The role will also include managing and monitoring contractor performance and providing technical support and training to staff, including resolving any concerns promptly and efficiently. Identifying poor-performing stock and asset-related liabilities and risks, as well as contributing to the strategic asset plan, will also form part of your responsibilities. You will ensure compliance with WHS policies and legislation, quality assurance and service rendering activities throughout.
Applicants must have
- Previous experience in property management and/or asset management.
- Trade certificate and/or demonstrated experience in the building and construction industry;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in relation to building construction and building faults;
- Experience negotiating with and monitoring contractors and vendors;
- Relationship management and customer service skills, including the ability to manage complex clients;
- Demonstrated computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Demonstrated Problem solving, Decision making, research and analysis skills;
- Positive, effective, and empathetic communication skills and the ability to build credibility and trust with a wide range of stakeholders;
- High level of personal drive, energy, and commitment,
- Current NSW Drivers Licence;
- Willingness to travel;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; and
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve building and maintenance related issues.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, the community housing sector.
Certificate IV in Building and Construction.
Certificate IV in Community Services / Social Housing.
About Homes North
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Applications and Enquiries
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2019
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of residential property management experience do you have?