Kiara is a working Mum, who says support from her management team is endless. Byron says it was the best career decision he’s ever made. Do you want an opportunity to join them? We’re talking about Homes North, a not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and skilled Risk and Compliance Manager, to provide operational and advisory support to our management team. If you have experience writing, planning, and delivering risk management processes in line with standard frameworks, organizational policies, and legal requirements, Homes North have the ideal role for you.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone with outstanding leadership and mentoring skills, who can work with our staff to implement risk management and compliance procedures. You will have positive, effective, and empathetic communication skills and the ability to build trust with a wide range of stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will also have knowledge of, or experience working in, the community housing sector.
If you believe that this sounds like you, and you are ready to contribute to an important cause, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants must have:
- Current NSW Drivers Licence;
- Relevant qualification and substantial experience in a similar risk/compliance role;
- Extensive experience delivering and executing agreed organisational plans;
- Demonstrated ability to write, plan and implement risk management processes, which comply with the relevant ISO standard frameworks (ISO 31000 Risk Management, and ISO 19600:2015 Compliance Management Systems);
- Demonstrated experience in implementing an Enterprise Risk Management Program and Compliance Program, using the above standards as frameworks;
- Superior leadership and management skills;
- Positive, effective, and empathetic communication skills and the ability to build credibility and trust with a wide range of stakeholders;
- High level of personal drive, energy, and commitment.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, the community housing sector.
Who we are
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family wellbeing.
Enquiries and applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact the Consultants assisting Homes North – Pinnacle People Solutions – on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org