Backtrack Youth Works
Due to growth and structural changes, this multi-award winning and highly successful not-for-profit organisation is seeking to appoint an experienced and skilled Operations Manager.
If you’re a highly motivated professional, with the passion and drive to contribute to the lives of young people in need, BackTrack Youth Works (‘BackTrack’) have the ideal role for you.
Reporting to the CEO, our new Operations Manager will be responsible for the operational management of BackTrack core programs. Based at the Head Office in Armidale, NSW, their responsibilities will include high level financial reporting and decision-making, risk and incident management (including WHS), ensuring program requirements are met and acquitted, development of new initiatives in partnership with the CEO, and management and mentoring of staff.
Our ideal client:
Our ideal candidate will bring excellent analytical, organisational, and time management skills, as well as transformational leadership. They will work with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve excellence within the organisation, and be approachable to all program participants and staff. Most importantly, their values and vision will align with those of BackTrack: contributing belonging, independence, learning, and generosity to the lives of young people.
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in service management within the youth or community services sector;
- Excellent discipline knowledge gained through at least 10 years of experience overall in the community services sector;
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or a relevant diploma with substantial experience;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, and mentor/coach supervisors, coordinators, team leaders, and youth workers;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a degree of authority relative to the position description;
- Demonstrated ability to operate both with significant autonomy and in a team environment;
- Experience in managing service-relevant profit and loss statements and budgets;
- Experience in funding allocation and management;
- Proven ability to establish priorities and monitor workflow across different services;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring services to people at risk;
- Demonstrated experience in risk and incident management;
- Proven ability to translate regulatory or government compliance requirements to organisational policies and procedures;
- Proven ability to oversee work management practices in order to establish and refine best practice policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in managing work health and safety (WHS) incidents and relevant systems;
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and policies;
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal, influencing, and negotiation skills, to facilitate and engage a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- High level computer literacy skills.
BackTrack has been working with young people since 2006 to help them turn their lives around. Using the distinctive strategies developed by founder and CEO Bernie Shakeshaft, BackTrack enables young people who have lost their way to reconnect with education and training, become work ready, and secure meaningful employment. Most importantly, BackTrack helps young people to “get back on track” by developing strong, happy, and healthy foundations that result in positive life pathways and full participation in their communities.
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact the consultant assisting with the recruitment process, Ms Bronwyn Pearson, on 0412 400 206. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 11 December 2017