This position has been successfully filled. Visit our main page and select Positions Available from the menu for positions currently being advertised. Thank you for your interest.
Armidale Family Support Service (AFSS) are seeking to appoint their next Manager, to lead the operational coordination and resourcing of AFSS. The role will be part time at 30 hours and 4 days per week. We are seeking experienced and professional candidates with a background in psychology or social work to design, deliver and evaluate support services and programs provided to the community. Our successful candidate will facilitate the development of AFSS and assist with the implementation and evaluation of the service’s strategies and goals, ensuring that business practice is efficient and progressive. They will deliver submissions, proposals (including external grant funding applications), business plans, and budget estimates to the AFSS Management Committee, liaising regularly with its members.
Selection criteria include:
- Tertiary qualification in management, community work or equivalent;
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience of relevant community resources and legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a community services organisation, including staff and volunteer management;
- Demonstrated extensive experience successfully leading and managing teams;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage support programs and services to meet the needs of clients;
- Proven ability in the development of submissions, proposals, external funding submissions, business plans and budget estimates;
- Experience in financial management and reporting, including payroll;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience in dealing with staff and clients from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Strong administrative, organisational, and time management skills;
- Strong drive towards excellent customer service and client wellbeing;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Armidale Family Support Service
AFSS is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation, which provides programs and support to all families with dependent children in the Armidale area. Outreach services are also available at Guyra, Uralla and Walcha. AFSS is funded by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS), and staff work with families to achieve goals such as: improving family relationships and parenting skills and helping them live with more stability and less crisis, feel better about themselves, make new friends, find better housing, obtain information on education, drug, alcohol, and legal issues, and sort out financial issues.
AFSS also provides a Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY). HIPPY is a home-based early learning and parenting program for families with young children. Families begin HIPPY the year before their child starts school (usually around 4 years old) and continue during their first year of school. HIPPY is a voluntary program and is free for families. Each HIPPY program is staffed by a tertiary-qualified Coordinator and a team of Home Tutors, who are usually past or current parents participating in the program from the local community.
For applications and enquiries
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact the consultants assisting with the recruitment process, Pinnacle People Solutions, on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 December 2018