Due to their recent expansion of operations and relocation of headquarters to the New England region, this privately-owned horticulture company is seeking to appoint an experienced and skilled General Manager (GM).
If you’re a highly motivated, experienced General Manager skilled in strategic thinking and managing business growth, Red Jewel has the ideal role for you.
About Red Jewel
The Red Jewel Group (Red Jewel) is a privately owned, multifaceted company, who have been supplying high quality strawberry and raspberry plants to commercial fruit growers across Australia for over 20 years. Their headquarters have recently been relocated from Ballandean, South East Queensland, to Armidale, Northern NSW, due to expansion of the business and relocation of operations to the New England region in response to industry opportunities. Red Jewel have a proven track record of producing healthy plants that establish quickly after transplanting. They are the leading importer of new strawberry and raspberry varieties into Australia.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be motivated to strive for best practice in product and client service delivery, through evaluating and exceeding standards and client satisfaction levels. If appointed, you’ll be working in an inclusive, flexible business, with a fantastic culture, equally focused on the wellbeing of staff and clients.
We are particularly interested in someone who can balance strategic thinking and business growth, who has competence and experience in managing complex businesses and the bottom line. The GM will bring strong business acumen, outstanding communication and staff management skills, leadership, coordination, and relationship management experience and skills. Ideally, they will also have a passion and understanding of horticulture, to join and complement the executive team, support the staff, and manage operations.
The GM will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of business and will be based at the Head Office in Armidale. They will work in close cooperation with the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), providing regular reporting. They will undertake comprehensive business planning with the MD and CFO, coordinate staff, and ensure legislative compliance across the business, being ahead of the curve in terms of movements in the industry, relevant sectors, and domestic and international regulations. They will also liaise with domestic and international stakeholders, and be responsible for Plant Breeder Rights and import processes. The GM will manage and ensure the maintenance of all business records, ensuring high quality business communications. They will also undertake human resource functions and support the CFO with regard to sales, payroll, and accounting, ensuring all functions are operating optimally and are consistent with Red Jewel’s strategic vision, values, and business planning.
Applicants must have:
1) Essential Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business and/or Agriculture Science;
- Demonstrated reputation for integrity, ethics, and values;
- Demonstrated sustained success in business management, evidenced by triple bottom line results, as well as strong business acumen;
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships both within and outside the business;
- Outstanding leadership skills and demonstrated experience and success in leading and managing diverse teams;
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent organizational, coordination, and time management skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a focus on leadership of teams to achieve outstanding client and stakeholder service;
- Demonstrated track record in the effective delivery of corporate services in business management, finance, sales, human resource management, and information communication technology (ICT), and
- Demonstrated ability to work well in high-pressure scenarios, resilience, and ability to adapt quickly and efficiently to change.
2) Desirable Criteria
- A passion and understanding of horticulture;
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact the consultant assisting with the recruitment process, Ms Bronwyn Pearson, on 0412 400 206. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 August 2017