Are you passionate about contributing to an important cause? Do you have exceptional skills in client support, care and customer service within social housing, welfare or community services? Do you have the ability to work with complex clients and their advocates directly providing advice and assistance and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders? We might just have the role you’re looking for! Homes North, a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, are looking to hire their next Client Relations Officer based in Tamworth.
Client Relations Officer
The Client Relations Officer will provide a broad range of services and advice to clients, advocates and other stakeholders. This position is responsible for providing an excellent level of customer service to applicants and assist with the efficient and effective management of providing immediate solutions for those seeking housing assistance.
You will also be required to support clients extensively and directly with complex support needs, and assist them in resolving their housing needs. The role will entail liasing with other housing professionals, clients and services on a day to day basis, processing housing applications, conducting client eligibililty interviews, providing advice and delivery of private rental assistance products and referral of to client services for those seeking housing assistance.
Applicants must have:
- Certificate 3 in Social Housing or equivalent is desirable OR has attained previous experience in a relevant industry, service or an equivalent level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of activities required; has appropriate on-the-job training and relevant experience; or entry point for a diploma without experience.
- Strong administrative skills, particularly in core Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Previous experience in Social Housing, Welfare and Community Services.
- Previous experience in a client-focused role and ability to advocate for and provide support to clients.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Current Criminal History Check.
- Willingness to obtain Working With Children Check.
- Community Housing experience is beneficial.
- Experience using a housing management system(s) e.g. HOMES/TRIM.
About Homes North
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 30th June 2019