About the Job
Practical Systems Limited (Practical Systems) is seeking an experienced and skilled Business Development Manager, keen to launch and lead an innovative new software and service offering for self-managed superannuation funds into the financial services and associated sectors. You will have broad experience developing market position and growing sales and revenue and an entrepreneurial mindset to launching and establishing a new product and division.
Our new BDM will define long term organisational strategic goals, build key customer relationships and identify key business opportunities, while utilising their outstanding interpersonal skills and business acumen to propose, negotiate and close deals. You will bring extensive knowledge of the current market, industry and sector conditions to source potential new customers and provide them with the quality of service for which Practical Systems are renowned. You will also liaise with our team of marketing, customer support, software development and other staff to increase sales opportunities and maximise revenue for the organisation.
We are looking for someone unique; a leader who brings extensive business development and sales knowledge and experience in the financial services sector together with a mindset that relishes the challenges of launching and growing a start-up business, within an established company. You’ll be a terrific team player who thrives in a workplace culture grounded in respect, cooperation and quality service. You will bring the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or a related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales or marketing in financial services, software solutions, or a related field;
- Demonstrated advanced skills in identifying customer needs and challenges, sales planning, territory management, prospecting, negotiating and meeting sales goals;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication, and networking skills;
- Demonstrated experience and ability in leadership and project management;
- Strong computer literacy skills, including the Microsoft Office suite and Customer Relationship Management software;
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring professional boundaries and ethical work practices.
- An MBA or postgraduate qualification in Finance, Accounting, or Bookkeeping.
Practical Systems is a locally owned software development organisation based in Armidale, NSW. Practical Systems delivers management, production and accounting solutions that address the four components of small to medium, rural and regional business: business management, livestock management, farm management, and planning. The company’s primary goal is to build the capacity of their clients to recognise and take advantage of opportunities when they present. The team brings a unique combination of IT development skills, accounting, business, and importantly, ag-industry relevant skills to deliver business solutions that build farm profitability and sustainability. Practical Systems’ organisational culture is strong, supportive and development-focused. Our team is, highly skilled and pride themselves on exceptional standards of professional service.
Enquiries and Applications
All applicants must address the selection criteria outlined above. To obtain the Candidate Information Book and have a confidential discussion, please contact the consultants assisting with the recruitment process, Pinnacle People Solutions, on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 September 2018