This position has been successfully filled. Visit our main page and select Positions Available from the menu for positions currently being advertised. Thank you for your interest.
Are you passionate about contributing to an important cause? Do you have exceptional skills in administration and customer service, and the ability to problem-solve using computer software? We might just have the role you’re looking for! Homes North, a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, are looking to hire their next Asset Administrator based in Tamworth.
About the Role
The Asset Administrator will ensure the administrative integrity of systems and property files for assets managed and owned by Homes North. You will be required to assist the Asset Manager and Technical Officers with general administration, working with them to arrange all aspects of planned property management. You will also be required to arrange ad hoc maintenance requests and quotes, and assist with the development of contracts, tenders, and other documents relating to asset and property management, including reports. The completion of ad hoc audits, coaching and mentoring of housing management staff, and management of insurance claims will also form part of your exciting role, along with property inspections and the occasional trip to other Homes North office locations. You will ensure compliance with WHS policies and legislation, quality assurance and service rendering activities throughout.
Applicants must have
- Previous experience in Property Management and/or Asset Management;
- Positive, effective, and empathetic communication skills and the ability to build credibility and trust with a wide range of customers and stakeholders;
- Customer service experience and the ability to manage complex clients;
- High level of personal drive, energy, and commitment;
- Relationship management and negotiation skills;
- Sound computer literacy in Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Proven time management skills and ability to work unsupervised;
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, the community housing sector;
- Experience in the building / construction industry;
- Experience in book-keeping or invoicing;
- HSC or equivalent;
- Certificate IV in Community Services / Social Housing.
About Homes North
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Applications and Enquiries
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2019
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of residential property management experience do you have?