Are you passionate about contributing to an important cause? Do you have exceptional process-oriented skills in administration, events coordination and social services? Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to solve problems, make decisions and be proactive and super organised? We might just have the role you’re looking for! Homes North, a highly reputed not-for-profit organisation with offices in the New England North West NSW, who make it their business to create secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, are looking to hire their next Administrative Support Officer to work within their Service Improvement and Partnerships Unit in Armidale.
Administrative Support Officer
The Administrative Support Officer will work closely with the Residential Engagement Officers and other team members to provide support, and also liaise with a range of stakeholders regarding specific ongoing matters as well as provide general information and assistance as required to facilitate the flow of information. Your role will require you to take the initiative on solving problems and making decisions in collaboration with the team. It is essential that you be process-oriented and detailed as well as have the ability to see the big picture and engage with people in a positive and empathetic manner. All of your focus will be on building systems, processes and relationships that effectively serve both community and internal needs. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working in social housing or a closely aligned social-services focused position;
- Experience in Business Administration or Administrative role;
- Experience in Event Coordination;
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal, across a variety of socio-economic and professional groups;
- Sound research skills and the ability to proactively prioritise and organise your own work within a team environment;
- High attention to detail with the ability to relate this to broader overall objectives of the team;
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of MS Office software; ability to learn to use new software packages;
- Current driver’s license.
- Qualification in either Community services or Business Administration;
- Experience in Community Housing.
About Homes North
Homes North is a not-for-profit organisation serving the New England North West region, with offices located in Armidale, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree and Tamworth. Operating for over 30 years, Homes North creates secure, affordable and sensitively managed housing opportunities for low income households, striving for an integrated and inclusive approach to housing for all.
Our vision is that every community member on low-to-moderate income in the New England North West region has a secure place to call home, which they can independently sustain into the foreseeable future. This vision recognises the continuum of housing needs – from emergency and short-term accommodation to address homelessness, through supported and community housing, and over long-term pathways to secure and affordable home ownership. Community members may move in different directions along this continuum as a result of changes to their financial, health and family circumstances.
Enquiries and Applications
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book, please contact Pinnacle People Solutions on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sun 28th July 2019